Welcome! The Sci-Fi/Fantasy & Gaming Club and COD CosPlay Club wants CODCON to be a safe, inclusive, and welcoming event. To that end, we’ve established the following rules and policies:
- Don’t bring anything illegal into the convention area (drugs, alcohol, etc…)
- Only prop weapons are allowed at the con; they should be foam, padded, and generally non-lethal. Guests may be required to peace-bind or surrender questionable items.
- Children under 12 must always be accompanied by an adult.
- Don’t take anything that isn’t yours.
- Try to avoid making a mess; please clean up after yourself.
- Refrain from cheating.
- Don’t harass or fight with anyone.
- If one of our staff gives you instructions related to convention policies or rules, please follow them.
- And, of course, have fun!
Safe Space Policy:
We are all here to have fun and so cannot tolerate behavior that threatens another person or produces an unsafe environment. This includes
- Offensive behavior related to gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religious beliefs,
- Sexual or discriminatory images, deliberate intimidation, stalking, following, harassing photography or recording, inappropriate physical contact, and unwelcome sexual attention.
If you feel harassed or threatened by someone, please speak up and let them know; often the offense is unintentional. However, if the behavior does not cease, please contact a member of our staff at the Registration table. They will begin an investigation to resolve the situation, which may include the COD Police, if necessary.